1. The following may not be brought onto the lot:
Specialty merchandise must be approved by the sales manager before being sold.
2. All reservations expire at 8AM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and at 6PM on Wednesday. No vehicles will be admitted onto the property after those times.
Swap meet ends at 4PM on Saturdays and Sundays, Noon on Fridays and 10PM on Wednesdays. Due to liability issues, all vehicles in selling area must be removed or parked in paid spaces by 8:30AM on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and 6:30PM on Wednesdays.
3. During peak shopping times, the gates will be locked. Vendors and shoppers will not be permitted to drive their vehicles on the lot, to exit or to enter. This includes shoppers picking up merchandise, vendors arriving late or vendors wanting to leave early. Vendors are responsible for delivering customer merchandise to the entrance gates as necessary. Peak shopping times do change with the weather and season, and will be determined by management.
4. In the event of a true emergency, or if a vendor sells out of merchandise and needs to drive their vehicle off the property during peak shopping hours, then the vendor must contact the Ticket Office who will then have an employee escort the vehicle to the nearest exit gate.
When there are too many customers walking on the lot, we may request that the vendor wait until it is safe to guide their vehicle off/on the property. Vendors also have the option of parking in the customer parking lot and hand-carrying merchandise to and from the selling area.
5. The speed limit on the lot is 3mph. Anyone found to be driving in excess of this limit is subject to being banned from the property.
6. Licensed drivers with valid vehicle insurance are permitted to drive on the lot for setup and exiting. Unlicensed drivers are not permitted
7. Subleasing of spaces is not permitted. All space transfers must be made by the Park 'n Swap Ticket Office.
8. All vendors must possess a current day seller's ticket before passing any entrance gate. Anyone who does not possess a seller's ticket will be charged the admission fee to walk in. Vendors are issued one space ticket only. Vendors must pay a reprint fee to replace lost or forgotten space tickets. Employees of vendors will be charged the admission fee if they enter separately from the vendor. All vendors must have the correct ticket properly displayed for the particular day and weekend.
9. No one will occupy a space without first purchasing a ticket.
10. All vendors are responsible for checking space tickets before exiting the Ticket Booth or the Ticket Office. Phoenix Park ‘n Swap is not responsible for weather or any acts of God. There are no refunds, rainchecks or exchanges.
11. All vendors must maintain their displays within the lines of the space and all canopies or tarps must be properly secured without damaging the pavement (including canopy poles left overnight by contract vendors). Any injuries or damage caused by canopies, tarps or displays is the responsibility of the vendor.
12. For the safety of vendors and shoppers, no roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, scooters or any human-powered vehicles are to be operated on the lot, with the exception of wheelchairs.
13. All radios, tape players, microphones, etc. must be maintained at a minimum volume according to management discretion. Failure to comply may result in eviction from the lot.
14. All generators must be clean and quiet as directed by management.
15. All vendors offering any type of service must have prior approval from management.
16. Soliciting, walking sales, free giveaways, drawings, surveys, opinion polls, raffles and/or petitions are not allowed without the express permission of the management.
17. All vendors must remove their trash from the lot or be subject to a substantial fee and/or possibly banned from future sales on the premises. Dumpsters may be used by vendors, but all boxes or other bulky materials must be broken down to take up less space.
18. All vendors are responsible for their own merchandise, equipment, their actions, and the actions of their employees. Vendors must maintain control of their children at all times.
19. All vendors selling new merchandise or who sell more than three days in one year are required to have a City of Phoenix Tax License and a State Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax License. Over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, etc., require a state-issued Pharmaceutical Permit to sell.
20. Vendors must comply with all applicable city, county, state and federal laws.
21. Vendors who move into more expensive spaces (i.e.: corners, electric, etc.) after reservations expire must do so before 6:30PM on Wednesdays and before 8:30AM on Saturdays and Sundays. No vehicles should be moving on the lot after those times. Vendors may move with the assistance of Park 'n Swap staff only. Vendors will be charged the upgraded price difference. Also, vendors who expand into vacant spaces during the event will be charged full current day price for each space occupied. (Reminder: Reservations expire at 6PM on Wednesdays and at 8AM on Saturdays and Sundays.)
22. Swap Meet Operations Report Forms must be filled out correctly and completely for each day in accordance with Phoenix City Ordinance (G-4011) governing Swap Meet operations – City Code, Chapter 10, Article V, Swap Meet Operations.
23. No overnight parking is allowed. No one will be allowed on the park grounds before opening hours on any day. Vehicles found left on the grounds overnight are subject to towing and/or a storage fee. Any merchandise or display materials left overnight are subject to a storage fee. Vendors may not leave anything in a space that the vendor has not rented. Violations will result in a penalty and/or storage fee. Casual and semi-regular vendors are restricted from leaving merchandise and/or display materials after closing on Sunday. Violations will result in a penalty and/or storage fee.
24. Vendors found on the property with alcohol that was not purchased from Park 'n Swap are subject to a substantial penalty fee and/or banning from future sales.
1. There are no advanced reservations for Auto Row. Vendors may purchase a location for their vehicle beginning at 3:30PM on Wednesdays and at 8AM on Saturdays and Sundays. Vendors may pay the Auto Row attendant upon entering the vehicle sales area.
2. A single space is provided for a single vehicle. Vendors should occupy one space only for each vehicle in the sales area.
3. No alcohol may be brought into the Auto Row area unless it was lawfully purchased at a Phoenix Park 'n Swap concession. Violation of this policy will result in expulsion from the property and no refund will be issued.
4. Only vehicles may be sold in Auto Row. No tires, rims or any merchandise may be sold.
If you are a regular seller at swap meets in Arizona or are selling new merchandise, you must have a State Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax License. A regular seller is one who participates in at least four (4) sales per year.
Generally, the only sales at a swap meet that are not taxable is food for home consumption. This means both new and used items are subject to tax.
If you have any questions regarding the sales tax licensing and/or collection, please call or write:
For the state: (602) 542-4576, 1600 W. Monroe, Phoenix, AZ 85007
For the city: (602) 262-6785, 251 W. Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Information concerning health permits can be obtained by calling (602) 506-6073 or by writing to the Maricopa County Health Department at 1001 N. Central, Suite 125, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
A Second-Hand Dealers License may also be required of professional used merchandise vendors.
Information concerning this license should be obtained by contacting the City of Phoenix Privilege Tax Department.
1. On Saturdays and Sundays only, we offer a section of the Auto Row area for Vendor Parking. Vendors may pay a fee to park in that area.
2. Vendors must display the Vendor Parking ticket in their windshield so it is visible.
3. Vendors must park on the south side of the Auto Row area in order to be separate from vehicle sales.
4. No "for sale" signage may be posted on vehicles in the Vendor Parking area.
5. Vendors must have a current space reservation in order to park in Vendor Parking.
6. No merchandise sales may be conducted in the Vendor Parking area.